lunes, 29 de octubre de 2012

3rd Practice (Intermediate)


In this third experience, the activities were developed without any trouble. For the warm-up, I handed out lyrics and students sang one song that contained target conjunctions for the class. I did it following a suggestion from my tutor, because last class, the group liked the song but did not get a chance to sing. 

For the presentation, I used a "holidays" listening from the student's book that was suitable. There were a couple of questions and students were asked to select the most adequate conjunction for each case.

Then, for the grammar focus, I pasted a chart on the board. It served to contrast the differences, uses and examples of "since" and "for", as well as present perfect simple vs continuous. I also gave definitions and explanation of new terms from the vocabulary section.

Afterwards, students worked on exercises from a "since" or "for" worksheet. When the time limit was over, they helped me to check the answers. They only got one wrong answer, which showed their understanding.

In the final activity, students got in pairs and I gave them "places" flashcards. They were to use "since" and "for" in the present perfect tense. They had some speaking practice, came up with a couple of sentences, wrote them down and shared them with the rest of the class. 

I was able to include activities for 3 macro-skills and the students' performance was decent, so I felt satisfied with results. In addition, students felt comfortable asking me questions about new words and grammar. I hope my last class turns out fine too, thanks for reading.

4 comentarios:

  1. friend, it is great that you have your students listen to songs; It indeed helps them relax and also drags them in spontaneous learning. Reading something, is definitelly a nice activity that helps them to explore the language.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. songs are nice as they help as Henry said to have some relaxing moment in the class. We just need to know on how to use them, so that we can take advantages from them. you have been developing very nice activities which is good as we as teachers need to have variety of activities to portray or trasmit the language!! congrats!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like to read that you have been creating charts and audiovisual aids because it helps students to better understand the topics. I like the way how you have been developing the classes.
    It is amazing that you are working with multiple skills.
    Congrats!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Your comments give me the idea that you are doing well in your teaching practicum classes Jonathan. I really like the sequence of activities you used to develop this class because the students were exposed from easy activities to more complex ones. congratulations

    ResponderEliminar