miércoles, 22 de agosto de 2012

4th Practice With Advanced



I was pleased with the results from the final class with this advanced group. For the warm-up they had get in pairs and guess from clues & context what celebrity his/her partner was. They had fun talking about their favorite famous people. 


The topic was rituals (as an introduction to "habits"). They chorally read an article by taking turns, group by group, one paragraph for each. Before doing so, I asked them to underline any new words or expressions they found as they  listened to their classmates reading along. The exercise worked out well as I paused after each paragraph and they would tell me which new vocabulary was found. The key was to check the context and draw information from the glossary section, although many others that were not covered there came up. Fortunately all doubts were cleared through examples on the board, synonyms, and oral explanation/pronunciation. 

Afterwards, they worked on an exercise connected to the reading, so they were to select multiple answers instead of just one, thus, it demanded more time. They succeeded on it, as they gave me all the right answers. The follow-up was a matching vocabulary activity of compound words in which they would relate the new terms they had learned with a logical complement from another column.

To finish up, I had them to talk about their own rituals and/or strings of bad luck, so they had some speaking practice on the topic. They shared their experiences on the matter. I felt comfortable with this group and the feeling seemed to be mutual, as they kept asking me questions, approaching me and trusting me to solve their doubts. Sometimes some of them would help me explain, so they had more participation. I wish this kind of rapport can be acquired with the next group too, thanks for your comments.

3 comentarios:

  1. wow.. awesome work. you always surprise me with your entries. it seems to be that you have been doing so well in this teaching practicum. you see you are able to teach even though you used to say that you are not. Keep doing so well!!!! ;:D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Congrats friend. I think that the most wonderful thing is that you feel satisfied with your job. That is the moment in which you start teaching with your heart. Well done!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It’s satisfying to know when you get an agreeable experience during your practice; in addition, it’s good to recognize that your activities were developed as you had planned them. That must inspires you to keep in the same path to do it as good as you have been working, or to enhance you work!

    ResponderEliminar