viernes, 11 de mayo de 2012

First Practice With Advanced


I was anxious about this new group, in spite of that, things went fairly well. I arrived on time, but only the teacher was already in the classroom. Some students arrived late and others just didn't show up, so the class was quite small. I noticed there wasn't much space, but the seats seemed a lot more comfortable than the ones I'm used to. I guess they took a "vacation bridge" and enjoyed a double weekend... 

It was weird that they asked very few any questions, I made sure to give them the chance to do so, but they weren't as responsive as the previous groups. I assume that due to their level, doubts decrease. Also, my tutor commented that they are always like that, it wasn't because of me.

Most of the activities were in pairs and dealt with speaking practice. One of them was having presentations, or role plays. They had 5 minutes to prepare for a short conversation, using "nor", "neither", "such", and "so." All of them participated and they appeared to have fun while being in the front, for some lines were humorous. 

When they had to write a short article, in tabloid style, I drew on the board a logo with a catchy phrase, and informal writing below, using figurative meaning to exemplify how to do it, which students enjoyed. 

During the feedback, the teacher told me that my warm-up was nice. Even though I didn't use a TPR activity, she said it was interesting, as it dealt with linguistics, and it was something students had never heard about. Overall, the class was positively reviewed, and I will keep on preparing well for the next practices, with the hope that results will remain positive all the way through the end.

1 comentario:

  1. Wow jonathan! I´m glad to read that your first class was so nice. I think anxiety is the first ingredient all the time hahaha but I`m happy to know that you got good results and as the teacher told you sometimes students are quiet and don`t like to participate too much.- I`m sure your next class will be as good or better than this one. good luck!

    ResponderEliminar