jueves, 1 de marzo de 2012

Fourth Teaching Practice



Today I had my last practice with the Basic group. The whole experience was different each time. Partially, it's a shame that just when you start getting accostumed to a group, then it's over.

Anyway, my main focus for the class was on making students have more speaking practice. The warm-up did not work as effectively as expected, because I didn't adapt it to what they had been focusing on. 

Other than that, students liked talking about celebrities, as they knew pop culture facts. The key is getting pictures from people who are currently popular, especially with teenagers. It was satisfying to see that even students who don't usually participate much, took part in the activity. A couple of them actually did more than what I asked for, so that shows their eagerness to express themselves. 

Pair activities worked better than individual practice. Students came up with questions, original sentences and descriptions. It was nice to have more teacher-student & student/student interaction. I did not have to teach grammar this week, which was certainly an advantage.
I hope I'll be able to improve and continue to get acceptable results, in future practices. I got plenty of advice from my tutor, classmates (including teacher Alex), so thanks for your comments and attention.

2 comentarios:

  1. I feel the same too!... I was already getting used to the group, but sadly we have to move on.

    You´re right when you say that pair activities work better since they can help one another, and if they have a doubt they have the chance to disscuss it before asking the teacher.
    It is nice to know that you had your students working beyond what you required them to do it; that´s a good sign. Besides, getting the students who don´t usually participate immersed in the class is a big challenge, but it seems to me that you did it successfully.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It is nice to read that you got more than what you were expecting. I agree when you say that when we are getting accostumed to a group, when have to change but anyways that is the process we have to go throught. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar